Canada invites skilled workers and offer them plenty of different job opportunities and a better living prospect. It is the second largest country in the world. Canada is more than a tourist destination for many people, around 300,000 people selected Canada for immigration in 2016.
Canada provides free basic healthcare services and has excellent and competent educational institutes. In terms of personal freedom and safety this country is ranked number one in the world.
How to Migrate to Canada?
In this article you will find numerous ways to move to Canada. Canada offers different immigration programs, but eligibility criteria of each program is different.
1. Express Entry
This is for those individuals who possess a skill and plan to settle permanently in Canada. One can select any immigration option from following 3 programs.
Federal Skilled Worker Program: Minimum 67-point score is required to migrate through this program. The score is given on six different factors. (i) Education (ii) Language (iii) Age (iv) Work Experience (v) Skills (vi) Arranged employment in Canada and adaptability.
Federal Skilled Trades Program: If someone pans to stay out of Quebec province, then s/he can select this option. The applicant must have at least 2 years of full-time work experience and should meet all requirements mentioned in National Occupational Classification (NOC). You have to get a full-time job offer from Canada, that gives you a contract for at least 1 year.
Canadian Experience Class: The criteria of this program is
- 1-year full time skilled work experience in Canada is required. This experience should be gained in last three years. Any experience during study tenure is not accepted.
- Must full fill language requirements
- Can’t live in Quebec
2. Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Immigrants can be nominated by the territories and provinces in Canada. These immigrants have to stay and work in those provinces that have nominated their name. Eligibility criteria and requirements of each province is different. May be one province is targeting students and skilled individuals and the other wants businessmen.
3. Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker Program
Immigration rules of this province is different, the immigration process has two stages. In first stage applicant has to apply for a certificate form the government of Quebec. This certificate indicates that you have been selected to live and work in Quebec. Then in second stage one can apply for permanent residence from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
4. Start-up Visa Program
One has to fulfill following criteria in order to become eligible for this program,
- Must have own qualified business
- Investor organization must approve and support the business
- 5 level proficiency in English or French is compulsory
- Must prove financial evidence to support oneself & all dependents
5. Family Sponsored Visa Program
Permanent residents of Canada, people registered in Canada as Indians under the Canadian Indian Act and Canadian citizens who are above 18 years of age can sponsor their relatives to migrate to Canada.
6. Self-Employed Program
Individuals plan to be self-employed in Canada after immigration can apply through this program. Eligibility criteria is
- Plan to self-employed
- 2 years of experience in relevant field
- Must have participated in cultural events or athletics at global level
- Fulfill self-employed people selection criteria
- At least 35 points score on the Comprehensive Ranking System.
- Meet have good character & health
- Financial evidence to support oneself