Glimpse of American Immigration Visas
This article is all about US immigration visa for Pakistanis residents. Generally, you must have a sponsor who should be either, your immediate relative and is a permanent US resident or US citizen, or an American employer. Your US immigration process starts from the other end, when your sponsor files a petition on your behalf in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and the after approval of this petition, you can start your US immigration process with National Visa Center (NVC).
Different categories of American Immigration
If you want to migrate to America, you must select a category through which you can apply for US immigration.
Select your Category,
This immigration is based on your family, or immediate relatives who are permanent US resident or US citizen. US citizen can become a sponsor of his/her children (son or daughter) parents, brother or sister and spouse. For America permanent resident having green-card can become a sponsor of his/her unmarried children (daughter or son) and spouse. To start off the process under family-based immigration, your sponsor should file an I-130 Petition with (USCIS).
K-1 is a nonimmigrant visa for fiancé(e) who is not US citizen. This type of visa allows foreign citizen fiancé(e) to come to America and marry his/her fiancé(e) within 90 days.
For this visa US citizen will file the petition, and after acceptance of petition, you can apply for the visa and submit required documents. You must go through some medical examination and you might be asked to complete some vaccination courses.
American Fiscal year starts from 1st of October and it ends on 30th of September. And in every fiscal year number of employment-based immigrant visa exceeds to 140,000. Qualified applicants can get immigration, as huge number of immigration visas are provided under this category every year.
This is an interesting category of immigration visa, that aims to diversify the population of people who have migrated to America. This immigration category was initially launched in 1995 fiscal year, and 55,000 people migrate to USA through this visa, this visa is provided to those countries who have low rate of migration in USA in last five years.
Top Tips to get US Immigration
- This process rarely completes according to the schedule, so you have to plan for delay in the process. What will you do if the process takes 6 months extra or a year extra? Plan for it.
- If you have a Green Card and you want to increase your stay in USA, it is highly recommended to apply for US citizenship, as soon as you get eligible.
- If you have multiple family members who are eligible to file your immigration visa petitions, ask all of them to file the petition for you.
- A simple tip is you should be very punctual in every appointment with USCIS.
- Keep copies of your application, as it is widely experienced that USCIS has misplaced all the paperwork of their applicants.
- Send your documents through a certified courier service and keep the return slip save with you.